LEED/GREEN BUILDINGAs members of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) ACC helps clients with green development projects by positioning projects to maximize achievable points in the USGBC LEED credit framework. ACC focuses specifically on two areas of the LEED certification process.
- Brownfield redevelopment credits
- Construction Indoor Air Quality Management Plans
BROWNFIELD LEED SERVICES INCLUDE
- Brownfield redevelopment credits: Brownfield Redevelopment is related to reuse of properties with known soil and groundwater impacts, but can also include asbestos and other hazardous materials removal as part of the development process based on USGBC Credit Interpretations. ACC can provide necessary documentation in support of Brownfield credits as part of our investigation, design and remediation oversight services.
CONSTRUCTION INDOOR AIR QUALITY (IAQ) MANAGEMENT PLANS
- Efforts during construction: Plan requirements for IAQ during construction must include engineering controls (e.g. dust barriers, walk-off mats, etc.), protection of HVAC systems and other finishes, materials management, and keeping the work areas clean. ACC can develop Construction IAQ Management Plans as well documentation of efforts by the project team.
- Before occupancy: IAQ requirements before occupancy can include flushing out the building, floor or project area per LEED requirements. Allowing for complete flush-out with properly conditioned are is sometimes not feasible; thus ACC can provide the needed air quality sampling (e.g. particulate, VOCs, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide and 4-PCH) after initial flush-out.
In addition to the brownfield and IAQ credits, ACC is versed in supporting construction waste management and maximizing waste diversion tracking in relation to demolition and hazardous materials removal.