Environmental Scientist - Mid-Level (Southern California)
(Job ID: LAENV)
ACC Environmental Consultants, Inc. (ACC), (an employee owned company), is seeking an energetic mid-level Environmental Scientist to help grow ACC’s Environmental Business Unit in Southern California.
The qualified candidate must have strong knowledge and understanding of current ASTM and AAI standards governing the conduct of Phase I ESA, a strong understanding of building systems and knowledge of California regulations related to solid and hazardous waste management, stormwater pollution prevention, air permitting, and CUPA regulations, EPA and OSHA asbestos/lead rules is a plus. Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills are a must. This position requires analytical thinking, creative problem solving, initiative, accountability, attention to detail, and commitment to quality and accuracy.
Work includes: Performance and preparation of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESA). Additional duties may also include, technical writing, preparation of proposals, project coordination, providing field assistance on Phase II investigations and possibly performing asbestos, lead, water intrusion, concrete moisture testing and indoor air quality related work as training and certification allows.
The Environmental Scientist will work out of ACC’s Southern California office in Los Angeles and will spend the majority of their time at projects sites throughout the Southern California and occasionally Northern California in support of the Oakland Office.
If you do not meet these requirements, please do not apply.
2) Knowledge of ASTM E1527 is preferred.
3) Minimum of 1-3 years performing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
4) 40-hour HAZWOP certification a plus
5) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
6) Strong written and organizational abilities and strict attention to detail
7) Computer literate
8) Willing to travel, work evenings and weekends as projects require
9) Be in good physical health and able to wear respiratory and other personal protective equipment
10) Ability to climb ladders,
11) Navigate crawl spaces, lift/carry equipment (generally up to 50 lbs), stand for long periods of time.
12) Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
ACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit ACC’s web site at accenv.com for more information about our company. Excellent benefits package includes competitive salary, training & certifications, personal time off (PTO), company stock, medical insurance, HSA contribution, 401k Plan, and bonuses based on performance.
Submit resumes in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please reference LAENV in the subject line)
Asbestos / Lead / Environmental Field Technician (Northern & Southern California)
(Job ID: OAK7)
This position is for an environmental, industrial hygiene or health & safety technician with a minimum of 2-years of experience AND at least one of the following certifications: Cal-OSHA Certified Asbestos Consultant, Cal-OSHA Certified Site Surveillance Technician, California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Lead Inspector-Assessor or CDPH Lead Project Monitor.
In this position, the successful candidate will conduct building related environmental assessments, assist with project design and monitor contractor activities during remediation activities. The position will focus on asbestos, lead, water intrusion and indoor air quality projects; thus strong understanding of building systems is required. Additional activities will likely include working on concrete/slab moisture sampling, subsurface (soil and groundwater) investigations, Phase I Environmental Assessments (ESAs), hazardous materials management audits, LEED air sampling and waste diversion management, etc. depending on qualifications.
Candidates should be energetic, interested in building systems, health & safety concerns. Familiarity with computer operations (Mac & Windows), Microsoft Office and basic drafting programs is mandatory.
Technicians will spend the majority of their time at projects sites throughout the Bay Area/Northern California area or the Los Angeles/Southern California area and occasionally throughout California as orientation, training/certification and experience allows. Technicians will also prepare reports and other project documents related to field operations; assist with equipment maintenance & calibration and general office support.
If you do not meet these requirements, please do not apply.
1) Cal-OSHA Certified Asbestos Consultant, Cal-OSHA Certified Site Surveillance Technician, California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Lead Inspector-Assessor or CDPH Lead Project Monitor Certifications
2) Competent written and verbal communication skills
3) Strong organizational abilities and strict attention to detail
4) Computer literate
5) Willing to travel, work evenings and weekends as projects require
6) Be in good physical health and able to wear respiratory and other personal protective equipment
7) Ability to climb ladders, navigate crawl spaces, lift/carry equipment (generally up to 50 lbs), stand for long periods of time.
8) Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
1) Recent Graduate with BA/BS in environmental sciences, health & safety, industrial hygiene or building related fields.
2) Basic drafting skills
3) Knowledge of building systems & construction techniques
4) Ability to read & understand construction drawings (architectural & MEP)
5) 40-hour HAZWOP certification, AHERA Building Inspector and Contractor/Supervisor certifications
Visit ACC’s web site at accenv.com for information about our company. Excellent benefits package includes competitive salary, training & certifications, personal time off (PTO), company stock, medical insurance, dental reimbursement, 401k Plan, profit sharing, and bonuses based upon performance.
Submit resumes in pdf format to email@example.com
(Please reference OAK7 in the subject line)
Please do not call regarding position; primary applicants only – no placement agencies