By Heather Sobky, Business Development/EcoLogic Systems Project Manager
Heather Sobky leads ACC’s business development and marketing team and supports ACC’s in-house databases. Additionally, Heather is responsible for EcoLogic Systems sales, customer relations, technical support and product customizations.
Today’s Challenge: Managing asbestos, lead, indoor-air-quality problems and abatement activates is a difficult task. Building owners and managers have numerous notification requirements. Under OSHA regulations, building owners and managers are required to provide tenants, contractors and maintenance personnel with proper notification regarding the location of asbestos containing material in the building. The EPA has enacted numerous regulations designed to protect children from exposure to lead. Many indoor air quality issues can be avoid through proper periodic inspections and preventative maintenance activities.
The Solution: ADAM Environmental Information Management System
- ADAM manages information regarding the locations of asbestos in a specific building; store and access asbestos survey and sampling data, update remaining locations following abatement activities.
- ADAM manages information regarding locations of lead-paint, store and access lead-based paint surveys, testing and abatement information.
- ADAM stores indoor air quality management samples, complaints and corrective actions, tracks system maintenance and periodic inspection activities.
- Saves time and reduces risk by providing easy access to records and information.
- Reduces the risk of litigation and citations by helping ensure that hazardous materials are not inadvertently disturbed.
- Saves time by producing OSHA compliant reports and notifications.
- Eliminates the need for periodic re-surveys by tracking the remaining locations of asbestos abatement activities.
- Stores electronic reports and documents, drawings and photographs.
To learn more about ADAM please contact Heather Sobky at (510) 635-7400 x112 or visit www.ecologicsystems.com.
About EcoLogic Systems
EcoLogic Systems is a subsidiary of ACC Environmental Consultants, Inc. The staff of EcoLogic Systems includes experts in the areas of software design and development, as well as environmental health and safety. As a result, we know what information is required to meet regulatory requirements and improve safety. Our goal is to develop software that is powerful, affordable and easy-to-use. Over the past 15 years, our staff has created a wide variety of software applications that are designed for use by Human Resources Managers, Environmental Health and Safety Managers, Asbestos Program Managers, Environmental Consultants and Air Balancing Contractors to save time, reduce costs, improve their environmental health and safety programs and comply with regulatory requirements.
Our software is used worldwide by environmental consulting firms, Fortune 500 companies, school districts, colleges, and public agencies. Our systems are sold in modules, so our customers only pay for the products they need. In addition, modules can be easily combined into complete employee and environmental data management systems.